I live in AZ so ‘Fall’ is somewhat delayed but that doesn’t mean we don’t see seasonal sniffles and colds start to emerge.
When I feel a little tickle in my throat or start feeling a bit under the weather, fresh ginger is one of the first things I reach for. Ginger is commonly added to tea for its warming and anti-inflammatory properties – making it ideal for fighting shivers and soothing sore throats. It also exhibits some ability to relieve pain which can diminish achiness and calm nausea. But, because it’s still pushing 100+ degrees here on the regular I’m less inclined to gulp hot tea. This smoothie lets me get all the soothing ginger benefits with a dose of vitamin C, vitamin A (both great for the immune system), beta-carotene and fiber thanks to peaches and 30g of plant-based protein (not counting the 1.6g already present in a single large peach).
- 2 Fresh or 1.5 Cups Frozen Peaches
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger
- 1 Serving Vegan Vanilla Protein of Choice (I use Vega Sport Performance Protein)
- 12oz Water
- Squirt of Lemon Juice (optional)
- Combine water, ginger, and protein and blend until smooth
- Add your peaches and lemon (if using) and reblend
If you’re using fresh peaches and but would like a chilled smoothie, add 5-6 ice cubes at the end and blend once more.
Makes 1 serving.