Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
First off – shout out to Cherryvale Farms for making vegan baking so easy. Their mixes are plant-based and non-GMO. You just add fruit, oil and water then bake and enjoy.
Now that that’s out of the way…
I love baking. I mean, it helps that it usually results in something delicious, but I also find it fundamentally satisfying.When I first started thinking about veganism it was the desserts that I expected to suffer the most. How do you get creamy, fluffy, or moist out of plants?! Click To Tweet
When I first started thinking about veganism it was the desserts that I expected to suffer the most. How do you get creamy, fluffy, or moist out of plants?! In an effort to convince myself that dry, crumbly, naked baked goods were not my future I started experimenting with vegan baking almost immediately. One of the results were these super easy muffins that are a bonafide hit with vegans and omnivores alike.
Now, you could easily recreate these completely from scratch but if you need something in a pinch this is the perfect solution.
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 10 oz Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips (Amazon link)
- Cherryvale Farms ‘Everything But the Bananas’ Banana Bread Mix (Amazon link)
- 1/2 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil (I used Sunflower oil)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Muffin Tin Liners
Makes 1 Dozen Muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, gently mash your ripe bananas.
- Slowly add oil and water while stirring.
- Now add your nuts and chocolate Chips.
- Once thoroughly mixed, begin adding the dry banana bread mix.
- Line your muffin tin with liners and fill.
- Bake on the middle oven rack.
This mix is intended to be used to make banana bread, which takes approx 50-55 minutes to bake. I find the muffins only take 20-25. Begin checking on them at 20 mins and keep an eye on them. You can use the toothpick test to determine doneness if unsure.
And that’s it! These are amazing warm with a scoop of ice cream or first thing in the AM with coffee or just whenever you happen to pass through the kitchen. Enjoy 🙂